Monday, July 24, 2017

Genealogy Info About Living Persons

I recently learned of a site which has a lot of personal information on people and they claim they are "a genealogy website." They really aren't. If you would like to see what info this site has on you, read the information and then if you would like to remove your information from that site, the directions are there to do so. 

View the information then Remove Your Personal Details. (Click the link.)

Most genealogical websites have information of people who are deceased, not those still living - for obvious reasons, the most important being identity fraud.

I looked at this site and removed my information. I was amazed at the people it connected me to, all of my addresses over time, and even my phone numbers.

As you know, I have a lot of information on you and your family. I have that info to share with you and our relatives. I have an Ancestry account, and I have Family Tree on my computer. I've synced both. My information on living people is NOT visible to other Ancestry users. That being said, there are pieces of information on living people available - marriages and divorces, mainly. Personal telephone numbers, addresses, etc. are NOT on the Ancestry website. Even names of living children are not listed for the other Ancestry subscribers to see.

Please note, however, that there are websites out there with personal information on everyone - those usually have fees to pay before you can review the information. Those sites are totally different than genealogy sites. I believe some of them are nefarious, even.

If you have any questions regarding the information I have, or about genealogy websites in general, please don't hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer to your question, I will certainly try to find it.

Ta ta for now,
Nancy





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nancy! Talk about disturbing they had a lot of information listed....Opted out my information and Mark's.

    ReplyDelete