Saturday, July 22, 2017

Family Reunion Fare

I've been busy working on the plans for the family reunion and I'm getting pretty excited about it in one way, but in another way, nervous. I always feel the pressure of trying to make sure everyone has a good time, that there are lots of fun things to do with our relatives but also making sure there is time for the families to do a little kibitzing with each other.  (I looked it up, that is how it is spelled, even though the root word is kibbutz.) I'm feeling especially nervous this time because, for one thing, we have relatives coming from Maryland, Missouri and maybe Colorado. I want them to have a good time for sure!

Another reason I am a bit nervous about it is my health. I'm having some difficulties and have had five medical tests/procedures in the last 2-1/2 months. I have two more appointments for tests coming up. There have been some findings but more procedures needed to rule out other possible reasons I am having difficulties. I won't go into it here, but I may be having surgery soon. Of course I will keep in mind the dates of the reunion and NOT schedule anything that would interfere with that!!

I am making a booklet with an agenda included. I plan to have it available in print form but parts of it will be available here or on Facebook. I'll let you know. 

On the right side of this blog there is a link to the Preliminary Checklist - be sure to check it out. Just a quick reminder to bring lawn chairs. I know some of you will be flying in so we'll try to get extras so you won't have to bring (as if) or purchase lawn chairs. To those who bring them, please mark them with your name. If you have extras, please bring them so our travelers have a place to sit.

I did a preliminary count and came up with 86 people planning to attend! Wouldn't it be awesome if this turned out to be the biggest and best reunion yet? I was trying to remember when the last reunion was held. I know it was at Barview Jetty Park, and I'm thinking it was in 2005. Anyone? It's somewhere in my files but I don't have access to them right now. 

We have surpassed the minimum for the tee shirts! I'm so happy! We still have two weeks to purchase more before the cut off date so if you have not ordered yours, please do so as soon as possible. 

Keep checking this blog for more information. 

Ta ta for now,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment