Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Life is What Happens...

when you've made other plans.

That's for sure! We came home from the beach so I could attend a bridal shower for our future granddaughter, so I could get an ultrasound of my gall bladder, and so Hubby could go to the VA for an appointment with the pharmacist about insulin/diabetes. But, I got sick and was sick for most of the past week. I did go to the bridal shower, which was lovely! And I did have the ultrasound and another test. I will get those results tomorrow. 

We went to Spokane on Sunday to spend Father's Day with our daughter, Melanie, and her S.O., Marcus. We spent time with Melanie, Marcus and his three sons, Colby, Ethan and Logan, and met Marcus's father, Nate. Nate introduced himself as "Pa" so that's what we called him. We had a great meal prepared by Marcus, Pa and Melanie. We told stories and laughed a lot! It was a fun visit.

After that, we went to the Red Lion at the Park in Spokane, Melanie's gift to Hubby for Father's Day. We got "upgraded" and had a suite with almost everything you would want (no coffee or coffee pot in the room, though--you could trek to the Lobby to get some but it was a trek so we just got it later). The room had a view of the Spokane River just below our room and the falls were just below, also. It was a great room! It had a little balcony, too. Melanie got the room for us so we could go the next day to Hubby's brother's property where they will be building a home. Craig and Ellen are clearing the land and getting it ready for retirement. That will be in a couple of years. They live in Pensacola, Florida now.

It was a very nice weekend until we got to Pasco, nearly home, where we gassed up, but the car wouldn't start after that. So we sat in the hot car for two hours or more (we were at a Circle K so we would go in and cool off now and then) until the AAA assigned tow truck fetched us and took us to Prosser. From then our son, Derek, rescued us and took us home. We got home at about 10 p.m., about 4 hours later than we thought we would be there. Such is life. The car is at the local car dealership to get fixed but needs a part from Reno, Nevada. That means late this week or early next week we will get the car back.

We will take the Beastie Mobile to the beach - and I'm anxious to get back to writing my book. 

Hopefully I will get back to more regular blog postings. Thanks to all who have ordered their tee shirts. 13 so far! The blues are ahead!!



No comments:

Post a Comment