Friday, June 30, 2017

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Or so they say! I've been playing detective today. I brought a cache of photos with me from home. Some of them are turn of the century old. Some have noted the person or persons, but some have not. So that has been my quest today, putting a name to the face or faces. I have not been super successful. It is rather slow-going because the Internet is playing tortoise and I am the hare. I cleared my browsing history but that didn't seem to help.

I love this photo-I know who the little girl is, you wouldn't know her, but I do not know who the little boy is. It is a sweet little photo so I thought I would share it with you.


Do you have big plans for the 4th? We are at the beach and our daughter, Audra, and her family are renting a house north of Rockaway over the week of the 4th so we plan to spend it with them. Otherwise, we are just going to watch the fireworks in the evening and I'm hoping for s'mores - we do have the required hot dogs - what is the 4th of July without a hot dog? I am hoping to cook them over an open fire on the beach and get sand in them! I do have good memories of such from my childhood and as a mom with our kids on the beach. Grit, grit. 

We ordered some special glasses with which to watch the eclipse in August. We are looking forward to that! 

Happy 4th of July, God Bless America The Beautiful! Stay sane, safe and sober, please!!

Ta ta for now,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment