Wednesday, May 17, 2017

YOU'RE WEARING THAT?

Women's apparel, make-up, and accessories. So important! Do you use one purse until it wears out or do you change your purse to match your clothing? I don't change my purse frequently but Hubby laughs when I change it to match my wardrobe du jour. In fact, he recently pointed out a lady carrying a purse which did not match her clothing! Made me laugh. I told him it was okay for her to have that purse because she was wearing scrubs and one did not have to have a complementary purse when wearing scrubs. Kind of like wearing blue jeans. Everything goes with blue jeans. (I don't think he believed me.)

There are a multitude of make-up companies available to the American woman these days. I haven't worn make-up for quite some time. The reason: I couldn't see without my glasses - even with a magnifying, lighted mirror. Now that I've had cataract surgery on both eyes I could wear it but I've been without it so long that it feels like plaster when I wear it. So I just don't. Lipstick, yes.
Mouse-fur eyebrows? NO WAY!

Here's a little tidbit I came across before and probably shared in another blog on another day in the past. It still baffles my mind. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, women shaved off their eyebrows and applied mouse-fur eyebrows instead. I think I would choose not to be fashionable in that situation. (Gives me the creeps to even think about it!)

Women started shaving their armpits in the United States in about 1920 when bathing suits showed off their underarms and deodorant began to be marketed.

Women didn't wear underwear until the mid-1800s! They weren't supposed to allow their buttocks to be shown so there was no need for undies. I envision a woman from the 1800s being magically plopped down in the here and now - she would be appalled! Get out the smelling salts!

Ta ta for now,

Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment