Saturday, May 6, 2017

Random Thoughts and Happenings

I've postponed the foot surgery. Summer is not the time to be hobbling around with a cast and knee scooter. I've got an important wedding to attend - Grandson Elijah Hoefer and fiance' Lauren Simmons! And knee scooters don't work too well when shopping or walking on the beach. We're coming up on the nicest weather of the year! I will reschedule in the fall. There's another health issue I am dealing with and that is in the forefront. It needs to be taken care of before the foot surgery as well. I'm satisfied with my decision to postpone.

Our eldest granddaughter, Gabby (Gabriela), graduated yesterday from Washington State University in Spokane. She is now an RN! We are very proud of her. She set goals in high school and carried them out. She is working at Sacred Heart in Spokane already. I was not able to attend but Hubby went along with her aunties and siblings. Gabby, if you happen to read this, I am so very proud of you and your accomplishments.

The other night we experienced a thunder and lightning storm like no other! It started early evening, then calmed down for awhile, then, at 2 a.m., the thunder woke me up. It was like it was right over our house! And the bedroom was lit up by the lightning! I peeked out the window but it seemed as if it was right there in back of our home and, I don't mind saying, a bit scary! I backed away from the window-it was that close! And, I still can't believe this, Hubby slept right through it!

This photo, from the Web, shows vertical lightning. The lightning the other night was horizontal. And much closer than any photo I found. 

Have a great weekend! Isn't it awesome that spring has finally arrived?

Ta ta for now,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment