Thursday, April 27, 2017

THRIFTIN'

I took part of the day off and went thriftin' with Hubby. I'm glad he likes to do that - he likes it most of the time. I'm trying something new while we are shopping anywhere, not just thrift store shopping. I'm just going to look at whatever I want, for as long as I want and not let him rush me. He stands nearby and practically breathes down my neck sometimes! I'm going to try real hard not to let that bother me. I tried it today in one of the shops. We'd been to one and I felt him getting antsy so we went and had lunch, bet you can't guess where, and then went to a much larger shop. I took my time! And when he asked if I was ready to check out, I said no! So he just followed me around but not anxiously. So my little experiment worked! See, you can too teach an old dog new tricks. (Meaning myself as the old dog.)

What did we get? The cutest whale you ever did see to hang on the wall at the beach abode. I'll take a photo of it when we get it hung. We got it at The Little Crow, one of my favorite shops in Rockaway. They always have cute stuff. I also bought three doilies. I've hung vintage doilies and potholders as a valance and down the sides of the kitchen window. There are blinds to close at night but the doilies and potholders don't block the view at all. 

I got a few books to have around when I feel the need to read. And let's see, hmm, a couple of tops for summer for me. A pair of earrings. Oh, and we got a Coleman lantern for those times when the electricity goes out here at the beach. It was $6.99 minus 25%, then we got a 10% senior discount. I like the thrift shops here better than those at home-home. The prices are better and they have specials. 

That's all for tonight. I'm done working now. Tomorrow I have to sweep, mop, vacuum, etc. Cleaning day. Hope I'm feeling good so I can do those chores.

Ta ta for now,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment