Saturday, April 1, 2017

Back In The Saddle Again

We arrived at the beach on Thursday evening. I've been working nonstop on my writing. Well, no, that's not true. I stopped and made dinner tonight. Hubby was engrossed in the March Madness games so I decided to cook since I felt halfway decent. (But I didn't afterwards!)

This is the weekend Washington spring break starts and Oregon's ends. There have been more people on the beach. Its supposed to be nice for the next few days.

I'm working on the chapter about my father. I have been working on it for over a week. (When we were here last and now again.) I just want to make sure I don't leave anything out. And I research in between so I can add this or that to the story.

I'm having some health issues so I've changed my diet to see if it helps. So far, so good. I was heaving many headaches but cutting out sugar has helped. Or its a coincidence. I eat a wee bit but nothing like before. I have a dry mouth due to Sjogren's so I need to suck on hard candy now and then. I'm also cutting out milk and ice cream. That is hard! I have a peach cobbler in the oven right now because my sweet tooth is nagging me today. I used Splenda for the sugar. We'll see how that works. I haven't had good luck using Splenda in baking. It's supposed to be equal to sugar, i.e., 1 cup Splenda equals 1 cup of sugar. But the texture is different and it doesn't always turn out so good.

Hope you all have a nice spring break and a Happy Easter. It will be here soon!

Ta ta for now,
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment