Sunday, January 8, 2017

2017 - New and Improved?


So, do you make resolutions? I quit doing that a long time ago because I'd forget or just not follow through. I make goals instead. What are my goals for 2017?

  • send the info sheets to you for review
  • finish my book
  • start another book
  • make at least one quilt
  • continue to knit for charity (and family)
  • go thru the items in my craft room and get rid of some of it. Purge, organize.
  • teach myself to crochet
  • delete sugar from my diet (I'm just finishing day 8-woo hoo!)
I can't think of anything else right now.

There are already big events happening in 2017. Our eldest granddaughter, Gabriela Villarreal, is graduating in May. She will be an RN when she graduates. She is already working in the field, at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane. They work around her class schedule and meanwhile she is getting good experience and good money!

The other important event is that our grandson, Elijah Hoefer, is marrying the love of his life, Lauren Simmons, in July. She is a sweetheart and we are so happy for both of them. 

Our daughter, Audra, and her family recently moved to the Tri-Cities from Prosser. All three daughters live withing a mile of each other I think. Pretty close. I still don't have her there in my mind and think I can just run over to her house and drop something off. They were about 12 miles from us in Prosser. Now all three are about 35 miles away. 

We have been home for most of December and so far, all of January. I have an appointment next week so we will wait to go back to the beach until afterwards. And the weather is keeping us here-its pretty bad in the Pacific Northwest right now. We've been experiencing low temperatures and lots of snow. Today there was snow, it actually dumped snow on us, and then there was supposed to be freezing rain after that. We didn't venture out. 

I have been ill quite a bit lately. We have discovered that I feel much, much better at the beach than I do at home. I have been having daily headaches and frequent migraines. We don't know why but wonder if its the humidity there and the dry, dry air here. We are going to purchase a humidifier for our Grandview home. 

After I started feeling better, I started sewing. I made two aprons in December but in the past three days I have made four more aprons. 

I hope you are looking forward to the rest of 2017 and that you have a happy and prosperous new year!

Here are photos of the last four aprons I made:








Ta ta for now,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment