Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Find, Counts and Some Names

I found the little spiral notebook that Mom used to keep track of our immunizations. Wait - not ours, mine isn't recorded there. I'm not even written in the little notebook. I guess I was adopted after all! (Just kidding.) So, if you, my siblings, need or want to know anything about your immunizations and childhood diseases, please let me know and I'll forward that info on to you via e-mail or Facebook personal message. It does tell of medications you were allergic to, bee stings, etc. Interesting.

Current numbers on our family tree are as follows:

Burnett: 3,468 people
                 889 photos
               5,652 records

Dillon:   2,786 people
                 749 photos
              3,778 records

What do these numbers tell you? That progress is being made!

Most recent activity on the book: sending away for two death certificates. What do death certificates tell me? Of course, the date the person died, and the reason or cause of death, Other information included is the address of the person at the time of his or her departure, the next of kin or person who reported the information for the death certificate, and, whether the person was administered to prior to death, i.e., hospitalized. It also tells the burial place of the deceased. I am hoping to find that information on one of our ancestors. I cannot find any information as to where he was buried. Of course, he could have been cremated and someone has or had his ashes. Or maybe they buried him in the back yard, who knows? Anyway, I just mailed that letter off today. (And even though the death certificate states the date the person died, you must furnish that and the place of death to get a copy of it.)

Here are a few names I've come across recently: Plenty (a male); Experience, Comfort and Champion, Bazaleel and Mehitable.

An interesting bit of info regarding word numbers for writing:

Novel: Over 40,000 words
Novella: 17,500 to 40,000 words
Novelette: 7,500 to 17,500 words
Short Story: under 7,500 words

My book has surpassed the "Novel" stage and I am nowhere near finished.

Ta ta for now!

Nancy







No comments:

Post a Comment