Saturday, September 3, 2016

Announcing...

Dear Burnett Relatives:

I just now found out that we have Bohemian, Czech Republican DNA!! I never would have guessed that. And there is also French and English heritage in this particular lineage. I knew we had English blood in Grandmother Edith Burnett's ancestry and now we have it in another line as well. I would really love to have my DNA tested and probably will one of these days.

I have traced one of our direct lines back to 1418 and our 14th Great Grandfather. Wow. That is amazing, isn't it? That GGF is the one who was born in Bohemia, Czech Republic. And his son, a "Sir," was born in France but went to England. From then on its England for about 3 generations and then Virginia colony, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

This is the second day I have spent on this particular lineage and though I felt like I was wasting time, I am now very glad I took the time because that is how I was able to find the earlier generations and the facts I would have missed had I stopped or cut my research short. What I mean to say is, sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time on ancestors who are not of our direct line. However, I know that sometimes you can find info about your direct line by the other branches and that is why I do it. It is very time consuming but rewarding when you come across some info you didn't have and that gives you an "Aha!" moment.


That's it for now. Have a great Labor Day weekend! It's beautiful here at the beach. And crowded. We tend to stay home on the weekends because the traffic is horrendous. One day it was backed up from Tillamook all the way to Bay City. We took a different route and though it was a nice drive, it was not a short cut! (25 miles)

Ta ta for now,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment