Monday, August 15, 2016

I'm Puzzled



So far, out of 49 information sheets I've sent out, I have received 33 back. Pretty good, actually! Thank you, everyone. I still need the rest of them. (Pretty please?)

Please note: you do not have to fill it out 100% - do the best you can. Also, if there is something you don't want to fill out, that's okay. If there is something you don't want published-that's okay, too! 

I'm not trying to be nosy and I'm not trying to put you on the spot. The reasons I am doing the family history are:
  • no one in the family has done it before
  • we don't know much about the family history because no one ever talked about it
  • I think our kids should know where they came from
  • it's interesting to me
  • someday someone will want to research the family history again and at least this part will be done
  • I am writing a book and it wouldn't be complete without knowing who our ancestors were, what they did, where they came from and what it was like to live with a large family
I could go on, but you know why and a lot of you have let me know that you are pleased to be able to have this information. I love the little notes you sent with your completed information sheets. Thank you for those!

I am a bit puzzled why some of you, my own siblings included, haven't sent your information. I sent them out the first of June. That was 2-1/2 months ago. And I even sent a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Are you afraid I am going to put every little bit of info in my book? I am not going to do that. I plan to put the information from my generation back as far as I can go. But, I do plan to give you print-outs of the information you give me so that you will have that information to share with your own family. This will be an added bonus - in addition to the book. 

Okay. That's enough. Please send your information. And thank you so much to those of you who have already returned yours. 

Ta ta for now,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment