Please note: you do not have to fill it out 100% - do the best you can. Also, if there is something you don't want to fill out, that's okay. If there is something you don't want published-that's okay, too!
I'm not trying to be nosy and I'm not trying to put you on the spot. The reasons I am doing the family history are:
- no one in the family has done it before
- we don't know much about the family history because no one ever talked about it
- I think our kids should know where they came from
- it's interesting to me
- someday someone will want to research the family history again and at least this part will be done
- I am writing a book and it wouldn't be complete without knowing who our ancestors were, what they did, where they came from and what it was like to live with a large family
I could go on, but you know why and a lot of you have let me know that you are pleased to be able to have this information. I love the little notes you sent with your completed information sheets. Thank you for those!
I am a bit puzzled why some of you, my own siblings included, haven't sent your information. I sent them out the first of June. That was 2-1/2 months ago. And I even sent a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Are you afraid I am going to put every little bit of info in my book? I am not going to do that. I plan to put the information from my generation back as far as I can go. But, I do plan to give you print-outs of the information you give me so that you will have that information to share with your own family. This will be an added bonus - in addition to the book.
Okay. That's enough. Please send your information. And thank you so much to those of you who have already returned yours.
Ta ta for now,