Friday, July 29, 2016

Too Darn Hot!

I haven't been out much - the heat really does me in and I usually don't feel that great as it is. So I stay inside in the air conditioning and wonder why I'm not at the beach! Things to do...

Tomorrow I will be out in the heat as we lay my friend to rest. It is near Brewster and Pateros, Washington, up on a hill in the sagebrush. I will wear a hat so the sun doesn't touch my face. (Skin cancer.) I am taking a silk floral heart shaped wreath. We got some stakes so it won't blow away in the wind. There is no water at this little cemetery.

Today I've been working on the Burnett branch of the family tree. I can go as far as a Great-Great-Great Grandfather on this one little arm but cannot find anything other than his name. And his son, I can only find his children and wife, no siblings. I'm stymied. It's so hard when the ancestor had/has a common first name. Thomas. William. William Thomas. Last name Lary. Or Leary. Or O'Leary. See why it is so hard? I'll keep at it, though. It's a challenge.

Earlier I found some information I didn't think I'd be able to find and was pretty excited about that. I am not going to spill the beans on that, however. I want to leave some reason why you will want to read my book!! And, I don't want to offend anyone so it has to wait...

I mailed off a printout of the Dillon-Vanderzanden info to Pierre in The Netherlands today, or should I say Hubby mailed it off.

So I won't post tomorrow since we will be on the road. We are coming back tomorrow after the service so we'll be on the road for hours. But that's okay.

Ta ta for now,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment