Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sweet Memorial Service




We made sure we got to the area in enough time to find a restroom and then time to get lost! The cemetery was in a very remote location, way up high, in the scrub brush and tumbleweeds. We went too far up a gravel road and saw a mother mule deer with her little fawn and a large field full of sunflowers. They weren't all in bloom but I could just imagine how beautiful it would be in a couple of weeks. At the cemetery, Packwood Cemetery, there was one large pine tree and we were all able to stand in the shade. Sharon's children had chosen a beautiful headstone for her. I had left my phone in the car so I didn't get to take a photo of it. There were 56 people there. Her cousin's husband gave the service. There were quite a few flowers. I took a heart shaped wreath with red roses and white accents-grapevine and silk, since there is no water there; I wanted it to last awhile. Afterwards we were invited, as was everyone, to a restaurant in Brewster. I don't know the name of it but it was Mexican food and it was really good. Chicken enchiladas, beef enchiladas, refried beans (best I've ever eaten) and Spanish rice. We didn't stay long, I was too emotional and was afraid I'd make a spectacle of myself and make everyone else cry along with me. 

On the way back we went down to Crescent Bar just to take a look see. Wow! Hundreds of people, mostly young, mostly scantily clad. Lots of boats and seadoos.

It was a long trip and it was HOT. The scenery was beautiful though, which helped. I am one of those people that falls asleep in a car, motorhome, whatever, and I did take a nap on the way there and the way back. All in all, a nice day considering what it was all about. I'm having trouble still with the fact that I will never see my friend again--here on earth. Hoping to see her in eternity. 

Ta ta for now,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment