Friday, July 8, 2016

Mourning

I am in mourning. I hadn't seen my friend for awhile. We used to be neighbors. We did everything together. But life happens. She moved away to be closer to her son because she had health issues. We would talk on the phone, I'd write her letters. She couldn't write, her hands shook. She couldn't see very well. I tried to write big or type the letters in a large font on the computer. My life took me in a different direction. It's funny but I'd been thinking about her a lot lately and trying to figure out when we could go visit her.

I know she's in a better place. She is no longer a body riddled by the ravages of diabetes, Type I. She can see, she has feeling in her legs now, her hands don't shake. She isn't lonely. Jesus has her in his loving embrace and that is good.

I will miss her.

RIP, Sharon.

~Nancy~


2 comments:

  1. You're right Nancy, she is no longer suffering. You did a lot for her when you could. ❤

    ReplyDelete