Friday, June 24, 2016

The Past is My Present

I talked a little bit about my collections the other day. But in all honesty, I have quite a few collections and they are all from the past. For example, I have old books. One of my old books is very small, it would fit in the palm of your hand. I am not home to look at it right at the moment but it was published in the 1800s. It is a book of parlor games. There are subjects or topics and 31 statements, prose or Bible verses for each topic. You choose the topic and ask a person for a number. Then the statement is read to that person. I've used the book several times at tea parties, etc. Its kind of fun because the book is so old, thus the sayings or readings are old and odd!
Hubby and I love antiques. We have quite a few pieces in our home, furniture, books, dishes, wall decor/art, silver, Depression glass, Vaseline glass, red handled utensils, jugs, porcelain pitchers-large and small. We have loved antiques since we got married. That's one of our favorite pastimes, going to thrift shops, secondhand stores and antique stores. We don't have as much room as we have had in the past so we had to curtail our collecting. 
So now you know that I love old things and I'm stuck somewhere in the past researching, reading, writing and collecting. You could call me an antique and you'd be spot on!

Ta ta for now,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment