Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Name Game

As I research the family history, I have noticed the unique, odd or just plain weird names people give their children. Not the surname, their given names. I began to jot them down. Here are some of them:

Runyan
Micajah
Bunyan
Diette
Dio
Random
Ransom
Shadrack
Hildred
Udolpha
Palatiah
Tapley
Dolpha
Hinkroh
Constant
Hezekiah
Ichabod
Drewry (Male? Female? The middle name is "May" so I think Female.)
Ellender
Zerug

and Rush...last name Gulley. Rush Gulley. Okay. Running Creek. Hurry Puddle. Quick Stream.
I know, that's enough, right?

Very different names, wouldn't you say?

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Ta ta for now,

Nancy


4 comments:

  1. What about Gransmas sisters She was Henrietta sisters Petronella aunt Nellie Lahaie , Aunt Nettie ? Cant remember the others or Netties full name,help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Gransmas sisters She was Henrietta sisters Petronella aunt Nellie Lahaie , Aunt Nettie ? Cant remember the others or Netties full name,help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petronella, Antoinette, Bertha Dean, Mary, Anne Marie,

    ReplyDelete