Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Ruby Tuesday


We have a red car, a Lincoln Mark something or another, that we can't drive in the winter. The heater doesn't work. But we can drive in the summer because the A/C works. We have already replaced the heater once and it's just not worth fixing again. So Ruby (her name) stays parked all winter. Hubby got her out and washed her and she's looking fine! We had purchased another (used, new to us) car last fall and I had not named it. I did the other day. Her name is Pearl. She is that white color that is ... pearly! I didn't realize til Hubby said so but I've named them both after gems. His car I named Blue Bird. It's an old Pontiac Sunbird we bought from Uncle Roy after Dorathy passed away. It had only 1200 miles on it when we got it. It's all ugly now and dirty and just ick. Why? Because he seems to use it as one might a pick-up! He's always hauling stuff in it because he can lay the back seat down. Why am I talking about cars? Oh, who knows? This just popped into my head.

I went to the doctor yesterday to see what the sores all over my face, neck and scalp are. It is seborrheic (sp?) dermititis. Got some shampoo by Rx and cortisone to put on my face and neck and it should be cleared up in no time. Phew! That's easier to handle than, say, shingles or more skin cancer. Now tomorrow to the ortho about my foot, which is still swelling up and hurting at times. Hubby said he wouldn't be surprised if the doc puts me back in a cast! NO, PLEASE!

I've been reading up on the details of book writing, i.e., the foreword, epilogue, prologue, etc., etc. I love how much I'm learning. Guess the old saying isn't true: you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Ta ta for now!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment