Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Day Tripper

We went to Astoria today to do some research at the library. Didn't find much, but still had a nice day. We took some photos of the big, beautiful old houses as we drove around. Also took some photos on Neahkahnie* Mountain of the beaches and ocean below. Enjoy!

*this spelling looks wrong to me but that's how it is spelled everywhere. I thought it would be Neahkanie. Regardless, it is in Oregon, on the Coast

The photos are taken thru the window of the car. Can't roll my window down or its messes up the electrical. 

You can see that the homes are beautiful even tho the photos are of poor quality.

I just love big old houses.

They have to carry groceries and everything else up all the stairs. 
And not many of them have parking behind the house for easy access. I guess
that's one of the downfalls of living in a big house on a hill. You pay for your view. Or hire the neighbor boy to carry your groceries, I guess!

The Oregon Coast should be one of the wonders of the world.
This is taken from atop Neahkahnie Mountain. The water on the top left is the Nehalem Bay/River.
I love this photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment