Thursday, May 12, 2016

Cake by the Ocean




As I am writing and researching, I find that each branch of the families I am researching has a "difficult" person. I get stuck. Can't find this connection on this or that. What was that guy doing there? You've got to be kidding me? Seriously? A 14 year old female working in a coal pit? 14,265 records? Another John? Another James? (Not very creative...)

Oh, I already looked at this record. Now, who was that working in a confectionery shop? I have two persons working in a confectionery shop. I wonder if there is a connection. Thomas? Eliza? Sarah? Again? More? How could he possibly be the father of these children? He was only 12 when he married her and a child came within the year. Twelve? You can see why I'm stuck on this one.

Today, in addition to working on my book, I made cakes for my niece's wedding. That's Michelle Howell, Edie's daughter, and Brody Barton. The cakes did not turn out. I couldn't get them out of the pans. They fell apart. I know what I did wrong. I used pan spray instead of shortening and flour. I didn't have any shortening. I read somewhere that you could just use pan spray. Wrong. Not on cakes that need to come out of the pan in one piece. So tomorrow I'll start over again. Today I did laundry, too, but that's done now so I can work on my family history puzzle in addition to cake baking.

I might figure out how to send my book, thus far, to my PC so I can print out what I have done already. I use Word on the laptop but my PC doesn't have a word processing program. Had I known that when we purchased it we would not have purchased it. Anyway, I'll figure it out. I'd really like to see how it looks on paper and edit it, too.

Ta ta for now,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment