Wednesday, April 6, 2016

We Are Family

As most of you know, I've been writing and researching a book that has been in the back of my mind and on legal-pads-in drawers-for years. At least 15 years. I can honestly say that I am making progress! However, the more I write, the more I write. And the more I research, the more I research. I am not complaining - I am enjoying the process.

I could never have dreamt that I would be writing a book "ocean front!" I hear the waves, the birds, the breeze and sometimes the rain! I see grey, blue, aqua, and frothy, white waves. I see the Twin Rocks which look different depending on the time of day and the weather. 

My foot is still in the monstrous boot the ortho doc said I have to wear 24/7 so I haven't been able to go walk on the beach. I broke my foot on the first trip to our little beach bungalow by the sea. I must wear it for two more weeks, at least. Then I have an appointment with the doc and we'll see what he has in store for me. Will it be healed? I hope so!

I get excited when I find a little morsel or two about our ancestors and sometimes I just want to share that with someone! I can't give away too much or you won't want to read my book!!

Stay tuned. Meanwhile here is a little tidbit. Edward Burnett, my father, was a mariner. That is, he served as a Merchant Marine and that is what they are called, "mariners." Like the Seattle baseball team. Not a marine. I got that when researching. Never call them marines. Here is the ship on which he sailed to Yokohama. My book will take that a little further and it is a funny story. 


USS General John Pope
(There is a distinction in its name for duty during wartime and post war.)



No comments:

Post a Comment