Monday, April 18, 2016

Somewhere Beyond the Sea

Have you figured out my titles yet? Check them out and see if you can determine the method of my madness.

Today is another beautiful day at the beach. I'm feeling a little bit sad that we have to go home tomorrow but there is a good reason to go home. I have an appointment with the orthopedic doc on Wednesday and I'm hoping and hoping he says I don't have to wear this boot any longer. I might pout if he says anything other than that!

I checked the thermometer awhile ago. It's on the patio in the shade and it was 80 degrees. You don't know how badly I've wanted to trek down to the sand with a lawn chair and a book! I'm trying to be patient. My beach shoes are waiting...

Mr. Squirrel has been back each day since the first time he showed up. I enjoy watching him scurry about! And birdies are flitting around all the time. Two crows have come around a couple of times.They don't come near the house, they just poke around in the grass below.

I have learned a lot in the past few days as I research and write. It's never too late to learn, is it? Today I was working on Grandmother's brother who was killed during World War II. Very interesting and I have a whole new regard for what he was doing when he was killed.

Tomorrow I won't be posting since we will be on the road. We are making a stop at a cemetery in Hillsboro. I want to do some "cleaning" of headstones. We do that in Prosser, but haven't been to the Hillsboro cemeteries in quite awhile. One headstone in particular is bugging me. I'll let you know what I am bugged about after I see the headstone in person. Stay tuned.



The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One's nearer God's heart in a garden,
Than anywhere else on earth



Ta ta for now,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment