Monday, April 11, 2016

Nothin' But a Heartache




If I wasn't retired, I wouldn't be able to spend the time working on this blog and the family history. While I am enjoying the process, a couple of times I've become emotionally overwhelmed. For example, this morning as I was working on Uncle Jack (Korpi), going back and forth from the blog to the Ancestry.com tree I'm building, I was suddenly overcome - and yes, I'll admit it, I cried. While this is a project dear to my heart, it does have it's moments. I had to stop and do something else for a little while.

Not only does the project bring tears, it brings laughter. A photo of something silly will get me giggling! Sometimes it gets me to wondering. What were they doing, what were they thinking when this picture was taken? What were the people like in this old photo? Why did this one or that one die so young?

Someone asked me recently if I had a headcount on my Mom and Dad's offspring. I don't, but I will try to figure it out one of these days. If you already know, share, please!

I'm going back to my project now. Just wanted to say that I've been correcting my mistakes and adding birthdays and anniversaries to the Birthday page. I've added a ton of photos today on all the different pages so check them out. I am open to having you send me photos you would like me to put on the appropriate page and I am also open to taking photos off if you don't like them. For that to happen, though, it has to be a photo of you. And if you don't like a certain photo, buck up! I put one of myself on the Hoefer page that I hate. (Of course I hate all pictures of myself.)

I just realized that if you click on a photo it will enlarge. :-)

Victory is just around the corner.

Ta ta for now,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment