Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Gettin' Ready

I love vintage, as most of you know. I'm all into antiques and vintage decor. At times in the past I thought I was born in the wrong era, but I know better now. I don't think I'm strong enough to be, and do, all that a pioneer woman had to do. Go fetch water, scrub the clothes on rocks in the river, cook everything from scratch, grind my own wheat. Nope. I think I like the life I live now just fine! No electricity? I'd miss writing and creating crafty things and reading books. I know Abe Lincoln read by candlelight. His eyes were probably better than those I was born with. And besides that, a pioneer woman was probably too tired at the end of the day to read.

What I'm getting around to is my latest collection of vintage items: crocheted potholders. I've always loved them and had at least two to match whatever decor color I was using at the time. I've sold them in my Etsy shop many times. I decided to keep those I already have and add to my collection. Now I have 33. Here is how I'm displaying them - at the beach abode.


I mentioned that our rhododendron bush has a few blooms. The blooms are as big as dinner plates! And so very pretty. 



And the flowers Hubby gave me yesterday. They smell sooo good.  

Mr. Squirrel brought a friend today; maybe it's Mrs. Squirrel. And a beautiful blue jay is hopping around out in the yard now, too. 

Time for me to get ready to get ready and start working on my book. I've been doing some reading as research but now, back to the writing. 

Correction: Daughter Melanie isn't getting her MBA, rather an MA in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Servant Leadership at Gonzaga University on May 7th. (I corrected the blog post from the other day.) "The degree I'm getting is more holistic--mind, body, spirit of leadership--than the numbers side and incorporates quite a bit of Jesuit and other philosophy." Mea culpa, Melanie! (Love you!)

Ta ta for now,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment